- How is Publimaison™ able to offer FREE listings to customers?
- I forgot my password. What should I do?
- Can I edit my listing?
- Can I see how many times my listing has been viewed?
- Why create "My Profile" on Publimaison?
- What is a "Featured Property"? And a "Property of the Week"?
- What is the purpose of an "Open House"?
- How does the PublimaisonTM Virtual Floorplan option work?
- What is "My Favourites"?
- What is "My Alerts"?
- What is "My Mortgage"?
- Why buy a package or a "pick-and-pay" option?
- How can I purchase a package upgrade or "pick-and-pay" options?
- What are the accepted payment methods?
- How can I become a Publimaison partner advertiser?
- I am a real estate broker. How do I get the free automated transfer of my listings?
- How do I become a member?
- How can I contact you?
- How does PublimaisonTM calculate the price per square foot displayed on listings?
- What is “Bumping up”?
- How can I avoid fraud and phishing scams?
- Emails Communication (Bill C-28)
How is Publimaison™ able to offer FREE listings to customers?
* Kijiji, Facebook and Google are registered trademarks used under license
I forgot my password. What should I do?
Can I edit my listing?
Can I see how many times my listing has been viewed?
Why create "My Profile" on Publimaison?
- Save your mortgage preferences in the automated mortgage calculator in "My Mortgage";
- Save properties for future reference in "My Favourites";
- Save your search criteria and set up alerts in "My Alerts" for new properties that match your criteria;
- Receive newsletters via email;
Submit a listing free of charge.
What is a "Featured Property"? And a "Property of the Week"?
The "Featured Property" section on the home page is used to prominently display specific listings, allowing house hunters and other property buyers to quickly view all featured properties by price range. When you purchase this option, you automatically increase your property’s exposure and the likelihood that it will sell sooner.
"Property of the Week"
The "Property of the Week" which is displayed prominently on the home page next to the search engine, provides a listing with maximum exposure. This "privileged" area features a detailed description and a larger picture and is viewed by thousands of people every day as soon as they access the Publimaison.caTM website. With this option, you have the advantage of maximum exposure, which increases your chances of selling your property quickly.
What is the purpose of an "Open House"?
PublimaisonTM enables you to advertise your open house up to 14 days prior. A red tag will appear on your listing, alerting potential buyers that an open house is planned. Open houses are an effective way to draw attention to your property and help you sell as quickly as possible.
How does the PublimaisonTM Virtual Floorplan option work?
The objective of the PublimaisonTM Virtual Floorplan is to offer buyers a more in-depth view of the different rooms and living spaces in your property and, above all, to match the photos you submit with their respective locations. Gone are the days when a buyer has to guess what room looks like, its various features, its orientation or whether it is located at the front or back of the house!
Everything you need to easily create, step-by-step, your PublimaisonTM Virtualfloor Plan is emailed to you once your purchase of the option is completed. Just follow the quick and easy instructions and you will soon have your own virtual floorplan!
See virtual floorplan demo
What is "My Favourites"?
Any listing can be added to your favourites. First, sign in to your profile then, in a listing that interests you, click on the small "heart" and the listing is added to My Favourites. To access your favourites at any time, sign into the My Profile section then click on My Favourites.
Note that to use this feature, you must first have created your FREE user profile.
What is "My Alerts"?
To set up an alert, select the characteristics of the property you are looking for. As soon as a property that matches your preferences becomes listed, an alert will be emailed to you and the property will be added to your My Alerts section. You can then readily access the listing when you like.
Note that to use this feature, you must first have created your FREE user profile.
What is "My Mortgage"?
You may also want to negotiate the price, since generally the asking price differs from the final sale price. Use the mortgage calculator located at the bottom of each cutsheet to look at different pricing scenarios and calculate monthly payments different from the one displayed.
Why buy a package or a "pick-and-pay" option?
The "pick-and-pay" options and the listing packages allow you to get additional services for a nominal fee. These are by no means mandatory, but enable you to increase your property’s exposure (via Property of the Week, Featured Properties, by adding more pictures, more words, or a URL), announce an open house or create a virtual tour (PublimaisonTM Virtual Floorplan) to avoid unnecessary viewings and make the most of your time. You can also obtain statistics (Analytics) on the number of times your listing is accessed, which can help you determine whether you need to finetune your sale strategy.
How can I purchase a package upgrade or "pick-and-pay" options?
• When submitting your listing, you can add options and/or a package simply by selecting them and placing them in your shopping cart.
• Once your listing is online, you can choose to add "pick-and-pay" options or a package at any time that suits your needs.
Packages and "pick-and-pay" options are available only in the My Profile section.
What are the accepted payment methods?
How can I become a Publimaison partner advertiser?
I am a real estate broker. How do I get the free automated transfer of my listings?
- The owner of the agency for which you work may agree to transfer all listings for all brokers automatically. If so, the broker does nothing in this regard.
- An individual broker may decide to authorize the transfer of all his/her listings but must, however, first obtain the authorization of the director of the real estate agency.
IMPORTANT! For real estate brokers, two signatures are required: yours and that of your agency’s director.
How do I become a member?
How can I contact you?
How does PublimaisonTM calculate the price per square foot displayed on listings?
What is “Bumping up”?
Obviously, as new listings are added, your listing will eventually be bumped down from the top of the page. How long it will remain at or near the top is dependent on the number of listings posted by other users.
However, once bumped, your listing immediately benefits from greater exposure and potentially more queries. In terms of overall exposure, that provided by a bumped listing remains less than that generated by a “Featured Listing” or a “Property of the Week”, options that you may wish to consider.
If you need to sell quickly, consult the section “Promote my listings”, accessible right in your profile, and discover all the tools Publimaison offers to help you sell more quickly by increasing your listing’s exposure.
How can I avoid fraud and phishing scams?
1. If you receive a request from someone for a money transfer through a funds transfer service or intermediary service (Western Union, PayPal, Bidpay, etc.), we strongly recommend that you end all contact with that person and send us the messages exchanged via the section Contact.
2. If you receive a suspicious e-mail or if you notice an ad that is very clearly fabricated, don't take any chances. Report it to us in the section Contact.
3. When you are alert to the possibility of fraudulent requests, they can be easily outplayed. Here are a few tips to help you recognize them:
-The buyer says that he or she is abroad and prefers communicating through social networks;
-The buyer insists that you respond quickly;
-The buyer communicates with poorly constructed sentences, etc.
4. Do not hesitate to ask questions of the person who contacts you. For example, you can ask where he or she lives, why the property is of interest, etc.
5. Give preference to local buyers and exercise caution with buyers who want to conduct transactions other than locally.
4. You are your own best ally. Be on your guard and never disclose your personal information (age, sex, income, etc.), your banking information, or your Publimaison account password.
5. If a buyer wants to purchase your property without any negotiating whatsoever, be extra cautious. Exercise the same caution with foreign buyers who want to buy your property without ever having visited it.
Our team strives to carefully verify all content that is reported. If you have any doubts, do not take any chances. If you suspect that you may be the target or victim of fraud, you should report it to the following institutions:
The Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre
Reporting Economic Crime On-Line (RECOL)
Royal Canadian Mounted Police